Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mustang Trainer Representative

Recently, I was hired by the Mustang Heritage Foundation to be one of their Mustang Trainer Representatives.  For this job and I quote the Youth Employment Program (YEP): " Gain knowledge on the history, plight and current issues surrounding the wild Mustang while training a yearling Mustang.  Share this knowledge with others in order to promote the awareness, training and adoption of this horse."

My job will be starting sometime this March and will continue throughout my yearling mustangs training.  I'm super excited and decided to share what I doing at the moment in preparation for the adoption March 31, 2012.  

Lately I've been looking though all of the prospective yearlings and picking out which ones I like best.  I've now narrowed it down to twenty-one yearlings based on the conformation and mobility.  I know these things by looking at the videos of the mustangs (click here) and the pictures of them (click here.)

But to give you a little taste of what I'm looking at in my next mustang, here are some pictures of the yearlings for the competition. 






I also found this old picture of Pilgrim and myself from our training days.  He was such a wonderful horse and I've only heard wonderful things about him from the Berkman family.  I'm so lucky to have such a sweet young girl like Carly to fall in love with my Pilgrim's Pride, I couldn't have asked for a better life for my mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment