Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And so the job begins!

So as most of you may or may not know, I was hired by the Mustang Heritage Foundation to be one of their Mustang Trainer Representatives.  My job began on April 16th and will continue throughout my summer.  For my job, one of the many things I will be doing is keeping weekly updates on my progress with my yearling mustang & other things that I've learned during my Supreme Extreme Journey.  Except that is only one of the many things I do.  Along with the title Mustang Trainer Representative, I will be writing two papers for the Mustang Heritage Foundation, keeping up a journal, making two presentations to present in front of a youth group and an adult group, and conversing with a youth weekly about things I have learned and or experienced in training my wild horse.  And here is the best part, I got Carly Berkman to be my youth!  This is going to be so much fun!  I get to tell her about my new mustang and she can tell me all about how Pilgrim is doing!  This is going to be so exciting.
Also an update on where the yearlings are, according to the BLM, they will be transporting the mustangs on the 1st of May. They will have a 24-hour layover somewhere in Colorado and then it's off to their pick-up locations.  This will give the about 10 days until we pick them up in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.  So excited and it's like an early birthday present for my sister.  Her birthday is May 1st so it's like they are bringing her the best birthday present a soon-to-be 11 year old could ever get!

No comments:

Post a Comment